The Brewery, London | Saturday 21st September 2024
Terms and Conditions
Exhibition, Conference & Awards Terms and Conditions
The following additional terms and conditions apply to booking the Mark Allen Group (MAG) conferences, exhibitions & events, which include any run by the following companies MA Music & Leisure Ltd (MAML), MA Business Ltd (MAB), Airport Publishing Network (APN), MA Healthcare Ltd (MAHC), George Warman Publications (GWP), MA Education Ltd (MAED) & Master Travel (MT) and is registered at St Jude’s Church, Dulwich Road, London, SE24 0PB. These Terms & Conditions may vary from time to time, so please check them regularly.
DEFINITION: The person, firm or organisation represented by the signatory on the Contract to Exhibit booking form and including all employees or agents will be hereinafter referred to as the Exhibitor.
In order to reserve stand space, a non-refundable deposit as set forth on the front of this contract is required. Once Exhibitor’s Contract to Exhibit booking form has been received and the exhibit space has been allocated, Exhibitor is contracted to the exhibit space. The Exhibitor, by giving notice of intention in writing, may cancel from the Exhibition, provided that the Exhibitor shall be liable for and MAG shall be entitled to collect and/or retain any sums relating to that part of the Exhibition fees which have already fallen due for payment as stated on the front of this contract at the date such notice of cancellation is received by MAG.
Exhibitor must have paid in full before Exhibitor will be permitted to install its display. The actual occupancy of the space taken by Exhibitor is of the essence of this License. If Exhibitor does not occupy such space, MAG is authorised to occupy such space or to cause such space to be occupied as MAG deems in its absolute discretion without in any way releasing Exhibitor from any liability hereunder. No firm or organisation not assigned Exhibit Space will be permitted to solicit business within the Exhibit Areas. Additionally, MAG reserves the right to relocate Exhibitor to space other than that initially assigned to maintain overall event objectives as determined solely by MAG.
Exhibits will be limited to those parties offering materials, products, or services of specific interest to registrants or compatible with the general character and objectives of the Show, as determined by MAG. MAG reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any exhibit or product for display. Exhibitor’s representatives and distributors must list their participating principals as the Exhibitors of record. Only the sign of Exhibitor may be placed on the stand or in the printed list of Exhibitors of the Exhibition. No exhibits or advertising will be allowed to extend beyond the space allotted to Exhibitor, or above the back and side rails of such space.
If Exhibitor’s stand is not occupied by the start time stipulated, such space may be possessed by MAG for any purpose it may see fit. If Exhibitor breaches any of its obligations or covenants under this License, including without limitation any Exhibition rule or regulation, MAG may, without notice, terminate this License. In the event of such termination, MAG may thereupon direct Exhibitor forthwith to remove its employees, agents or servants, and all of its articles of merchandise and other personal property from the space licensed and from the Exhibition Hall. In addition, MAG shall have the right to collect from Exhibitor on demand the full amount of the fees payable to MAG as of the date of termination, as well as the right to pursue any other remedy afforded it by law or in equity.
Exhibitor shall not sub-license, assign or otherwise permit any person to occupy Exhibitor’s stand, or any part thereof, or use the stand for the exhibition of anything not specified in this License. Exhibitor may not exhibit, offer for sale, give as a premium, or advertise articles not manufactured or sold in its own name, except where such articles are required for the proper demonstration or operation of Exhibitor’s display, in which case identification of such articles shall be limited to the regular nameplate, imprint, or other identification which in standard practice appears normally on them. Exhibitor may not permit non-exhibiting companies’ representatives to conduct business in its stand. Exhibits must solely be used for the purpose of promoting Exhibitor’s products or services and shall not be used for other business purposes. Rulings of the MAG in its absolute discretion shall in all instances be final with regard to use of any exhibit space.
MAG shall have full discretion and authority in the placement, arrangement, and appearance of all items displayed by Exhibitor, and may require the replacing, rearrangement, or redecorating of any item or of any stand, and no liability shall attach to MAG for costs that Exhibitor may incur thereby. An Exhibitor building special background or side dividers must make certain that the surfaces of such dividers are finished so as not to be unsightly to Exhibitors in adjoining stands (no logos, no graphics). If such surfaces remain unfinished at 7:00 p.m. of the day before the opening day of the Exhibition, MAG shall authorise the official decorator to effect the necessary finishing, and Exhibitor must pay all charges involved thereby. In addition, if Exhibitor has not started setting up any of its displays by 3:00 p.m. of the day before the opening day of the Exhibition, MAG reserves the right to have such displays installed at Exhibitor’s expense. All exhibits shall be ready by the opening hour of the Exhibition. Any expense incurred from reconfiguring exhibits to adhere to MAG guidelines will be the responsibility of the Exhibitor.
Any demonstration or activity that results in obstruction of aisles or prevents ready access to nearby Exhibitors’ stands shall be suspended for any periods specified by MAG.
Stand representatives shall be restricted to Exhibitor’s employees and their authorised representatives. All stands must be staffed by Exhibitor during all hours the show is open.
Retail sales are absolutely prohibited during the Exhibition. Infraction of this rule will result in Exhibitor’s stand being repossessed by MAG. Subject to the foregoing, the distribution of samples, souvenirs, publications, etc. or other sales or sales promotion activities must be conducted by Exhibitor only from within its stand. The distribution of any articles that interfere with the activities of, or obstructs access to, neighbouring stands, or that obstructs aisles, is prohibited. No article containing any product other than the product or materials made or processed or used by Exhibitor in its product or service may be distributed except by written permission of MAG. In no event shall Exhibitor use its stand to promote any other exhibition or conference. Exhibitor shall conduct and operate its exhibit so as not to annoy, endanger or interfere with the rights of other exhibitors and visitors. Any practice resulting in complaints from any other exhibitor or any visitor which, in the opinion of MAG, interferes with the right of others or exposes them to annoyance or danger, may in its absolute discretion be prohibited by MAG.
MAG reserves the right to determine whether the character and/or attire of stand personnel is acceptable and in keeping with the best interests of other exhibitors and the Exhibition.
Admission is open to adults affiliated with the industry served by the Exhibition. No person under 18 years of age will be permitted on the Exhibition floor at any time, regardless of affiliation or circumstances. Proof of age will be required. No children and no infants are allowed. No exceptions. MAG shall have sole control over admission policies at all times.
DAMAGE TO PROPERTY
Exhibitor is liable for any damage it causes to building floors, walls or columns, or to standard stand equipment, or to other exhibitors’ property. Exhibitor may not apply paint, lacquer, adhesives, or other coating to building columns and floors or to standard stand equipment.
Exhibitor is advised to see that its regular company insurance includes extraterritorial coverage, and that it has its own theft, public liability, and property damage insurance.
MAG shall not be responsible for loss of or damage to displays or goods belonging to Exhibitor for any reason whatsoever. All such items brought to the Exhibition are displayed at Exhibitor’s own risk, and should be safeguarded at all times. MAG will provide the security services during the period of installation, show, and dismantling, and Exhibitor agrees that the provision of such services constitutes adequate discharge of all obligations of MAG to supervise and protect Exhibitor’s property with the Exhibition. Exhibitor may furnish additional guards at its own expense through the official security provider. If its exhibit fails to arrive, Exhibitor is nevertheless responsible for the full Exhibit Space cost. Exhibitor is advised to insure against these risks.
All wiring on displays or display fixtures must conform to the applicable standards established by various governmental agencies and standard fire inspection ordinances and Underwriters’ Rules. All display wiring must exhibit the seal and/or such other seals of official approving agencies as may be required at the site of the Exhibition.
SAFETY AND FIRE LAWS
Exhibitor is charged with knowledge of all laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention, and public safety while participating in the Exhibition. All applicable fire and safety laws and regulations must be strictly observed by Exhibitor. Cloth decorations must be flameproof. Smoking in exhibits is forbidden. Crowding will be restricted and aisles and fire exits must not be blocked by exhibits.
PERFORMANCE OF MUSIC
Exhibitor acknowledges that any live or recorded performances of music by or on behalf of Exhibitor at the Exhibition must be licensed from the appropriate copyright owner or its agent. Exhibitor warrants to MAG that it will take full responsibility for obtaining any necessary licenses to play or perform such music and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MAG from any damages or expenses incurred by MAG due to Exhibitor’s use or authorisation of use of such music.
Exhibitor agrees to indemnify, defend and hold MAG harmless from and against all losses, damages and costs (including legal fees, expenses and related charges) arising out of or related to claims of infringement against Exhibitor or MAG of the trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property rights of any third party.
Exhibitor is allowed to photograph its exhibit only. The photographic rights for the Exhibition are reserved to Show MAG.
NO PRIVATE FUNCTIONS
Operation of separate rooms, areas or hotel suites for sales or entertainment purposes is strictly prohibited during the open hours of the Exhibition. Further, Exhibitor expressly agrees that it will not, nor will its employees or representatives, conduct official Exhibitor functions in hotel or private rooms during business hours of the Exhibition.
Mechanical or electrical devices which produce sound must be operated so as not to disturb other exhibitors. MAG reserves the right to determine the placement and acceptable sound level of all such devices.
CARE AND REMOVAL OF EXHIBITS
MAG will maintain the cleanliness of all aisles. Exhibitor must, at its own expense, keep exhibits clean and in good order. All exhibits must remain fully intact until the Exhibition has officially ended. Disturbing or tearing down an exhibit prior to the official closing hour of the Exhibition can result in a refusal by MAG to accept or process exhibit space applications for subsequent exhibitions. Exhibits must be removed from the building by the time specified in the Exhibitors’ Services Manual. If Exhibitor fails to remove its exhibit in the allotted time, MAG reserves the right, at Exhibitor’s expense, to ship the exhibit through a carrier of MAG’s choosing or to place the exhibit in a storage warehouse without any liability to MAG.
TERMINATION OF EXHIBITION (FORCE MAJEURE)
If the premises in which the Exhibition is or is to be conducted shall become, at the absolute discretion of MAG, unfit for occupancy, or if the holding of the Exhibition or the performance of MAG under the License, of which these rules and regulations are a part, are substantially or materially interfered with by virtue of any cause or causes not reasonably within the control of MAG, this License and/or the Exhibition may be terminated by MAG. MAG shall not be responsible for delays, damage, loss, increased costs or other adverse conditions arising by virtue of cause or causes not reasonably within the control of MAG. If MAG terminates this License and/or the Exhibition as aforesaid, then MAG may retain such part of Exhibitor’s License fee as shall be required to recompense it for expenses incurred up to the time such contingency shall have occurred and there shall be no further liability on the part of either party. For purposes hereof the phrase “cause or causes not reasonably with the control of MAG” shall include, but not be limited to: fire; flood; epidemic; explosion or accident; blockage embargo; inclement weather; governmental restraints; riot or civil disturbance; or acts of God.
INDEMNIFICATION; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless MAG and the sponsor, owner, exhibition hall facility, and each of their respective officers, agents and employees, against all claims, losses, suits, damages, judgments, expenses, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees), and charges of every kind arising out of or resulting from its execution of this License Agreement or its occupancy of the space herein contracted for by reason of personal injuries, death, property damages or any other cause sustained by any persons or others including Exhibitor, its agents, employees and invitees. Exhibitor agrees that MAG shall not be liable in the event of any errors or omissions in Exhibitor’s Official Directory listings or in any promotional material. MAG makes no representations or warranties with respect to the number of Exhibition attendees or the demographic nature of such attendees.
INTEGRATION OF LICENSE; AMENDMENTS
This License Agreement contains the entire agreement between MAG and Exhibitor and supersedes all prior agreements or understandings of any kind, whether written or oral. Any modification or waiver of any provision of this License Agreement must be in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the party against whom enforcement of any waiver or modification is sought. If any provision of this License Agreement is held invalid, prohibited or unenforceable for any reason by a court of competent jurisdiction, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
MAG reserves the right to make such changes and/or additions to these regulations as considered advisable for the proper conduct of the Exhibition, with the provision that all exhibitors will be advised of any such changes. Any matters not specifically covered herein are subject to the absolute discretion of MAG.
Conference & Event Booking
MAG (the "Company") accepts bookings under the following conditions:
- All correspondence will be sent to participants at the address specified on the booking form or over the telephone (this address will also appear on the official Participants list given out at the event).
- The completed booking form together with full payment must be sent to MAG. A confirmation of the booking will then be issued. Cheques should be made payable to the MAG company responsible for the conference or event (MA Music & Leisure Ltd, MA Business Ltd, Airport Publishing Network, MA Healthcare Ltd, George Warman Publications, MA Education Ltd or Master Travel. Returning the signed registration form or making a payment through the website constitutes a firm booking.
- Bookings may be made over the telephone but payment must be made in full by credit card.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel a booking if payment is not made 6 weeks prior to the conference taking place. Any outstanding payment becomes the responsibility of the signatory made on the reservation form.
- Payment for any booking made within 6 weeks of the conference will still be due to the Company irrespective of whether the delegate attends.
- Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate may be able to attend. This must be received in writing one week prior to the conference.
- The Company reserves the right to change the conference speakers in case of illness or other conditions beyond its control.
- The Company does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to delegates own property and/or personal effects whilst at the conference. The Company does not accept any liability for loss or damage to personal effects caused by events beyond its control, including (but without limitation) fire, flood, strikes, civil disturbances or for consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever.
- Speakers approached at time of print.
- Written confirmation received 6 weeks prior to the conference will be accepted and a refund of 90% of the booking charge will be made. After this date, no refunds can be given. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted.
- If written cancellation is not received 6 weeks prior to the conference full payment will still be due irrespective of whether the delegate attends the conference.
Entry Conditions MAG accepts entries from under the following conditions:
- Submitting your entry(ies) deems your entry complete and ready for review and payable.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel an entry at any time.
- The judging panel’s decision is final.
- The judging panel reserves the right to not award a winner in any particular category.
- MAG will attempt to provide feedback to those entries which are unsuccessful in gaining a place on the shortlist, however from time to time this is not possible.
Table/seat bookings MAG accepts bookings under the following conditions:
- All correspondence will be sent to the participants at the address specified on the booking form or over the telephone.
- Bookings must be completed online and payment made by credit/debit card or by requesting an invoice.
- If requesting an invoice, payment is due on receipt of the invoice.
- All payments, including credit card, must be in pounds sterling (GBP).
- MAG reserves the right to cancel a booking if payment is not made six weeks prior to the event taking place. Any outstanding payment becomes the responsibility of the individual making the booking.
- Payment for any booking made within six weeks of the event will still be due to the company irrespective of whether the guest(s) attends.
- Bookings may be made by telephone but payment must be made in full by credit card.
- For awards events, tables will be sold and positions allocated on a first come, first served basis. If fewer than ten people are booked, you and your guests will be placed on a shared table with other companies.
- It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to ensure MAG is aware of guests’ special dietary requirements. Every effort will be made to accommodate dietary requirements, however availability of alternatives cannot be guaranteed.
- Should a guest be unable to attend, a substitute guest may take his/her place. Amendment to a booking can be made online.
- MAG reserves the right to change the event timings, date and/or venue.
- MAG does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to guests’ own property and/or personal effects whilst at the event.
- MAG does not accept liability for loss or damage to personal effects caused by events beyond its control, including (but without limitation) fire, flood, strikes, civil disturbances or for consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever.
Cancellation of booking/refund policy:
Written cancellations received six weeks prior to the event will be accepted and a refund of 90% of the booking charge will be made. After this date, no refunds can be given. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted. If written cancellation is not received six weeks prior to the event full payment will still be due irrespective of whether the guest(s) attends the event.